March 17, 2009

It's a...

So today was the day... We went to the Doctor to find out what we are having! So we go on back and the nurse doing the ultrasound asked me if I had gone to see the Perinatologist yet. (if you don't know what that is, it's a Dr. for high risk pregnancies). Needless to say, I was really confused as to why I would have. Turns out the Nurse that saw me on my first visit wants me to go, but never told me... and if she did I sure don't remember. But I guess because I have a leaky valve in my heart, they want to have me checked out. I was still kinda confused because they didn't do anything when I was having Keely, so why now?

So anywho, the Perinatologist is supposed to do my ultrasound. So I got a little sad thinking that we weren't going to find out what we were having for another week or 2. But then the nurse said that she would go ahead and do a quick ultrasound to tell us the gender and she would also do it for free because we don't have maternity insurance. So that made me happy.

So now for the results, for those of you who haven't jumped ahead to the pictures....

First we have a picture of sucking a thumb... sooo cute... and now a drum roll please.~~~~~

It's a BOY!

After the nurse said it was a boy, MacKay said lets just hope it comes out that way too... And the nurse replied, "I would bet my house on that boy part." So we all laughed, and MacKay added, "So if it does come out a girl, we get a free house!" lol

In case you are wondering why MacKay would be thinking it may surprise us and show up a girl, I had a dream a few nights ago that we were told we were having a boy but when the time came to deliver, it was a girl. Which he wouldn't have read to much into, but when I was pregnant with Keely I dreamed it was a girl the entire time and it came out that way, so I'm guessing 100%! hahaha and with this time I had a feeling it was a boy and so far it is... So I'm just trying to keep the streak alive and keep with my 100%.

So yes, we are all excited that we will be having a boy, which makes MacKay really happy.

(and sorry if the pictures are kinda hard to see, that's how it goes with an ultrasound and having to scan them into the computer)

6 comments:

Laura said...

Woohoo! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the little boy. Maybe this one will look more like you Heather (whereas Keely looks more like MacKay). Kinda backwards, right?

Tara said...

Hey, thanks for the invite! Such a cute blog! And congrats on the boy. :)

Christy said...

Congrats again guys! So excited for you and MacKay! We are also having a boy! And they think the other baby is a girl, so we got one boy! whoo hoo!

Julie Bree said...

Congratulations!! Little boys are so fun. Hope everything goes ok with the perinatologist. Looks like we're having babies at the same time again--I'm maybe due a week or two before you with a girl. One of each is a nice way to start!

Jen said...

Congrats! So do you guys have any names picked out yet??!

The Frasers said...

So...if it does come out a girl, I don't think the DOctor will really give you his house haha but I think it will be a boy.