May 29, 2009

Camping...

Earlier this week we all went camping with the Miners'. It was fun. We got off to a late start, and headed up Provo Canyon... but the site that we were going to go to had a giant puddle and lots of mud keeping us out seeing as none of our cars had 4-wheel drive we had to leave.. So then we headed over to American Fork Canyon. We found a pretty awesome camp site and pitched our tents. As soon as they were pitched it was time for a 8:30 ish dinner. We roasted hot dogs and just hung out by the fire. Keely was loving the entire thing. She loved the hot dogs and loved being out side. (I don't take her out side as much as we would like because she always wants to play in the street and I get tired of chasing her down really quickly.) We got her in her pj's and she fell asleep by the fire.

MacKay didn't sleep hardly at all that night, and I slept okay but I woke up every time I needed to roll over. It's hard for a pregnant lady to roll over on an air mattress, and I had to keep shifting my belly's pillow from side to side as well. But other wise I slept pretty good.

The next morning Adam had to go to work, so Erin, MacKay and I all had breakfast, packed up camp and went for a hike. The hike wasn't too bad. I think Erin and I would have liked it better if we had better shoes. Erin had flip flops and I had slip on shoes. Good times.

Then we headed over to Provo Canyon again to hang out for the day and have steaks for dinner. But once there we decided that it didn't feel like camping anymore with the tents and everything packed, so we decided to just eat the steaks at the Miner's on Adam's new BBQ.

As we were headed back for the car, Keely had quite the spill... She fell and landed on her poor little face... here is the after math....

It was really sad to see. she had lots of blood coming out of her mouth, and of course she was crying really hard. Luckily all of her teeth are still intact, and she is fine now, its just kinda sad to look at her poor little face with all the scrapes.

2 comments:

Laura said...

FUN! I wish we could have joined you!

Carisa said...

Poor baby :(