So MacKay had changed his mind about wanting to be there for the birth. On Friday last week he lets me know that he would like to be there for it after all. So I'm kinda excited that he does. But unfortunately, my c-section has already been scheduled for the 23rd. So I need to call and tell them that I want to move it to Saturday, the 25th, so he can be there. (MacKay is in Chicago the 19th - 24th) So He tells me to call and let them know we need to move it... Unfortunately, my Dr., like so many around here, are only open Mon - Thur. So I can't call till Monday.
Then on Saturday (18th) I hadn't felt the baby move to much that day, so MacKay was getting a little concerned. Being as there is a cord around his neck and all, so we went into the hospital to check on him and he was doing good, his heart rate was where it was supposed to be. And according the monitors I was having a ton of little contractions. I was happy they were small... Those suckers can hurt! But we mentioned to the nurse that we were going to try and switch the c-section to Saturday and shoe told us they don't schedule c-sections on weekends, but she called Dr. Judd to let him know what was going on with us, he said the baby was good, and laughed when she asked him if he could schedule us on Saturday. So we thanked her for trying to get him to switch it for us since we couldn't call till Monday, and went home.
So today, I called his office anyways to see if we could get them to make an exception so that he could be there, I talked to a couple of different people, they all say the same thing. Only Mon-Fri. So they told me I might be able to do it on Monday (27th) if I want, but I don't want to be pregnant any longer, and I would rather have MacKay miss the birth (it grosses him out anyways) and spend Sat. and Sun. with us, then have him there for the birth and have to go back to work the next day. So hurray for the 23rd!
Also... we still don't have a name for this baby! We running out of time! Any ideas?
2 comments:
Good luck on thursday! Hope everything goes smoothly for you! Can't wait to see the little guy! oh and I love the name Ethan! ;)
sorry you got bumped, but maybe now mackay can be there after all :)
Post a Comment