July 2, 2009

House update...

Also to update those of you who don't know, we are officially under contract with our house now. It was supposed to be done at the beginning of Aug. But now it won't be till the end. Once we started the process of getting this home, the builders stopped all progress on the house because we were going to be making a few changes. Well, we tried to get them all done the same week as putting in the offer. We had to go to the design center to pick out things like flooring, counter tops, etc... but they didn't have an opening for over a week out... Then we finally got all that stuff picked, they hadn't updated our status in the computer so the lady at the design center couldn't update our choices. That took another week for them to get it in. Then they gave MacKay some papers to sign confirming our choices and stuff, luckily MacKay actually reads the things he signs, because they were charging us a little more then they should have, so they had to go back and fix the paperwork and that pushed it out a few more days.
So, with all the crazy stuff that kept going on, the builders can finally get started again as of yesterday! So it is supposed to be 60 days from then till the house is done. I just hope they work a little faster and get it done sooner. The hole thing wouldn't bother MacKay and I so much, except none of it is our fault. We did everything we could on our end to get this done asap, but not so much everyone else.
So as for some of the "perks" we are adding, we are getting 2" slat blinds, granite counter tops through the entire house, 18" tile flooring for the entry through the kitchen and main floor bath, up graded plumbing fixtures, 50 gal water heater (that'll be nice on Sundays when people come to visit), were putting a door on the side of the garage to access the back yard, thicker carpet padding, and if you look at the floor plan from my previous post, there is an optional wall to separate the living room and family room, we are getting that, but making it 4 ft wide so that we can have a coat/game closet. This house doesn't have a lot of storage, so we are putting it in! We also upgraded to stainless appliances. I think that is pretty much it.
Well, I hope you all aren't to bored with all of my details. I'm just soooo excited! MacKay still isn't all that excited about this house, he wanted a bigger yard and a 3 car garage, but he knows how much I love this house so he is willing to compromise for me. So sweet. There is a softer side to MacKay after all! lol.
I wish I could take some pictures and show you all the progress that is made on the house, but it's all the way up in North Salt Lake, so we won't be checking in on it all that much. So that is about all I'll have to post on the house unless something else goes wrong. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that they get ahead of schedule!

2 comments:

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

That is pretty exciting that you are getting to the final stages of your house. I see your frustration, but better to have them take a little longer and get it right than go quick and screw up. Also, who thought MacKay didn't have a softer side? That is ridiculous, MacKay is the nicest guy I know. We are excited for you guys though and will have to come see it when it's all done.
Kevin

Laura said...

Ben and I were driving by there tonight and wishing we could see your house! Maybe we'll have to take a trip soon:)