September 17, 2009

Sewing Project...

So, I don't really know how to sew... anytime I try to do a sewing project, someone is around that is better at it then me. And because I have no confidence in my sewing abilities, I always have someone else take over for me... but... I finally did something all on my own! It wasn't exactly a big project... but I did it all by myself, and to me, that's a big deal.


I saw this dress yesterday at DressBarn, and fell in love with it, but, I needed to make it a little longer so that when I sat down, it would still be long enough. So I walked all over JoAnn's trying to find some black fabric that would mach closely with the fabric of the dress. Then I got home, cut it up and sewed it on. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And to me, looking at the dress it looks like that black strip on the bottom was always there! Woo hoo for my little bit of talent I have coming through when I needed it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Heather! That dress IS super cute too. I'm very impressed!

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

Way Cute! I'm so impressed. I always have good intentions like that, but then the project sits in its bag for long enough that by the time I get around to fixing it, the dress no longer fits. Kudos for ambition and getting it done...and it really does look great!