So... Last week about Wednesday or so, Carter is a little sick with a bit of a temperature. so we give him some Infant Tylenol and the fever goes down and he is fine. Woo Hoo.
Then Keely starts to get sick about Saturday. She has a hacking cough, and starting to cry because she is coughing so much, and is also starting to run temperature as well. I give her some Tylenol before bed. she goes right to sleep. thank goodness! well at about 2:00am she starts crying for me. and doesn't want to go back to bed, but I do. So I make a little bed for her on the couch and turn on a movie and tell her to lay down. she keeps going in and out of sleeping until the movie is over, then I here her calling for me again. So I come down and put in another one. This goes all till about 6:00 then she is willing to go back to bed. Which only means till about 8:30. Same story the next 2 nights. So on Wednesday I take her into the Dr. and Keely has a sinus infection. So now she is taking some Amoxicillin.
So, night time comes and I'm pretty happy to get a good night sleep again. But alas, it wasn't to be. Carter wakes up twice to eat and get a diaper change which he had been sleeping through the nights.
Then on Friday night Carter feels pretty hot... so I try and give him some Tylenol but it makes him gag and throws it all up. But I got him to bed thinking he will feel better with sleep. So I get woken up in the middle of the night, and he is really hot, so I give him some more Tylenol and put him back to bed. Morning comes. Really Really hot... like I need oven mitts to hold this kid hot. So, I take his temperature. 103.6 This is not normal. So I take his temp. again with a different thermometer, just to make sure. 103.1 So that is when I decided that we needed to take this little man to the Dr. His Heart rate and breaths per minute were higher then normal. They said his breaths per min. should be in the 20s... His are in the 50s. So they take an x-ray of his chest and said it looks like the early stages of pneumonia.
So now he is also on Amoxicillin so prevent it from progressing. But they are supposed to call me on Monday after the radiologist looks at the x-ray to let me know for sure what is going on.
But for now we have to give him medicine and he has to sleep in the car seat. We put him to bed last night (in his crib) at about 9:30. He was up by 1:00 not wanting to eat much and didn't want to go back to sleep. I did what I could, then MacKay got up and did what he could. And this little guys is still wide awake. so I put him in the car and go for a drive till he fell asleep. When I brought him home I left him in the car seat and put him in his room for the rest of the night, and he slept till 10:00am! so needless to say he will be sleeping in his car seat tonight as well! and maybe, just maybe, MacKay and I will be able to get a good night sleep for the first time in a while.
5 comments:
So sorry to hear about your little ones! How sad. Hope they get to feeling better soon.
I'm so sorry! There's nothing worse than sick kids, except having both of them sick simultaneously! Good luck.
YIKES!
yuk I know kinda how it is sort of I only have one kid to worry about though.
Yikes! I'm sorry Heather! Here's to hoping you guys get some sleep1
Post a Comment