November 5, 2010

Frames and Black Spray Paint...

This picture frame has been a long time coming. MacKay got the painting on his mission in the Dominican Republic, and a few years ago his mom had it mounted for him, and ever since then we've been wanting to get it framed. But to pay someone to do it is a couple hundred dollers. And that is just too much money. So MacKay built a frame himself. We went to Lowe's and picked out some crown moulding and turned it into a frame. MacKay isn't too happy with how it turned out, but I think it looks great, expessially with black spray paint (done by me). And it cost a whole lot less then paying to get it done. And I couldn't stop there...
I went around and collected all of our picture frames that didn't match, and made them match with that same can. Now I just need to figure out where to hang them all.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE spray paint. Sometimes I just walk in to Home Depot and look at their spray paint aisle:) You did a really nice job Heather! And way to go MacKay! Frames are NOT easy.

Judy said...

The frame looks gorgeous! I just spray painted a frame and think I'm in love...finally all my frames can match :)

Unknown said...

NIce job on the frame making! Great Idea! Love your boots you bought from the last couple posts. So stylin.