June 22, 2011

Happy Summer!

In getting ready for lots of camping in July, we decided to camp in the back yard last Friday night.
Because we only have adult size sleeping bags, I attempted to make some for the kids to help keep them warm. They loved them. Carter wouldn't sleep in his though, so we had to just keep making sure he stayed covered with other blankets that night.
The kids had a hard time going to bed at first becasue they were to excited about it all. Eventually Keely crashed, but Carter and Daddy were up most the night.
We plan on trying to camp in the back yard every Friday night until the real camping trips in hope of getting Carter ready for the real thing.

Happy Summer!

To celebrate the first day of summer, we played out back in the kiddy pool. Keely and I had a water fight, but she kept using the slide as a shield to protect her from my squirt gun. Carter tried to get in on the water fight, but wasn't sure how to shoot, so he would come stand by me and shake the gun to get the water to come out. It worked pretty well, I was just affraid of getting wacked in the head.

2 comments:

Laura said...

FUN! I'm so jealous of your camping trips in July!

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

They're looking so much older!!! I'm so glad we'll get to see you in July! We'll talk dates soon (if Kevin and I can ever sit down and talk dates first!) Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to catch up! - Kristen