August 4, 2011

Howard Reunion

This year we had our Howard Reunion in McCall, Idaho. (Howard is my mom's family.) We stayed at the Ponderosa campground on the lake there. It was a lot of fun. I apologize for the few pictures that I have. Most of the pictures are on my mother's camera, so I hope to get them soon. She has a lot of good ones on there.

1. The reunion started Sunday afternoon, and this is what my leg looked like by Monday afternoon. MacKay was out golfing, and I decided to take the kids to the beach. So we drive over to the beach spot we wanted to spend the day at, and by the time we get there, Carter had fallen asleep. So I tried to carefully carry him to the beach I hopes of his nap lasting a little longer. There are about 10 or so stairs from the parking lot down the the beach area. On about the third to the last step, I think, hummm, I bet it would be fun to fall down the rest of the stairs while being pregnant and holding Carter. So, down we all go. Then I realized what a bad idea this was, so I sacrificed my leg and arm to save the kids. (This picture does not do it justice. There is some damage on the knee, and you can't see, and my arm. This was also taken towards the end of the trip so it is mostly healed by the time I remembered we needed a picture of it.) It hurt to walk most of the rest of the week.
2 and 3. Me and my cute little ones during breakfast one morning. Don't you just love their hats! My sister Carisa made them. If you want one you can get them here.
4. Uncle Nick brought a hammock to the reunion, and all of the kids LOVED it.
5. Uncle Mike brought up his boat, so we had to take advantage of it. It was Keely and Carter's first time boating, and they loved it. Keely used a pink Barbie life jacket and now wants a life jacket for her birthday in November. We'll see if she remembers that when the time comes. (Carter is in front of MacKay, not sure if you could tell. He's so little.) On our second day going out in the boat both the kids fell asleep. It was pretty cute. But alas, most of the boating/tubing pictures are on my mom's camera.
6. Once I was able to walk again, we decided to walk around McCall. They have lots of cute shops. The kids favorite stop was to get ice cream at Ice Cream Ally. We also stopped in at a farmers market. We splurged and spent a whole dollar on a cup of Huckleberry Lemonade. It was really good actually, and once the lemonade was gone, Keely picked out and ate all of the Huckleberries.

I love McCall, so I was really excited when we decided to have next year's reunion here as well, but then I heard that it will be the same week we plan on going to Banff in Alberta, Canada. So we'll see. Fingers crossed the dates of one of them will be changed.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fun trip! BUMMER about conflicting with Banff. I don't know if I could ever give up a chance to go there!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

So glad you survived your fall!!-scary- Looks like the reunion was lots of fun!! So great to catch up with family.