November 29, 2011

Mother of 3, one week in...

Life at our house lately is full of making adjustments. The biggest adjustment for me, other then breast feeding again, is that I'm FREEZING! I never realized how warm having a baby in your belly makes you. I was always fine before with our house temp being at 65* and 60* at night. Yeah, not so much anymore. I keep having to crank up the heat and add more clothes. Which is okay, I would much rather have Austin here, then have a little built in space heater.
Keely LOVES her new little brother. She always remembers to sanitize her hands before touching him, and gets pretty upset if we wont let her hold him. When ever he starts to wake up she runs over and starts singing to him, or tries to tickle him.
Carter wasn't too sure about Austin at first. He would be willing to hold him long enough to take 1 picture, and then we would try and push him off of his lap. But he is now asking to hold him all the time. I'm so happy about that. Carter can get pretty mean when his is upset, so we were a little worried about how he would be with a new baby, but so far, not a single problem. I hope it keeps going well once MacKay goes back to work.
And both kids make sure you let you know if Austin is crying. As if I couldn't hear it already.
MacKay is being pretty helpful with the kids. Which is an adjustment for him and the kids. Don't get me wrong, he helped out before, just not as much as he is needing to now. He is changing Carter's diaper a lot more then normal, and is having to learn how to deal with the drama of a 4 year old girl. I also have him on "burping duty." Austin is really hard to get a burp out of, and I hate doing it. So MacKay comes to my rescue.
I am also trying to adjust to much less sleep. Austin is doing really well at night. I get up twice to feed him and that is usually it, unless he decides to fill his diaper between feedings, then I have to get up for that, but all in all, not to bad.
So far breast feeding is going better then it did with the other 2 kids. So I really hope it keeps going well. I wish I didn't have to feed at all. Formula is so much quicker, easier, and less stressful. But, breast feeding is WAY cheaper, and is a lot better for him, so I'll stick it out as long as I can. I'm feeding and pumping right now, and am freezing about 10 oz a day. I just really need to remember to drink lots of water. I seem to keep forgetting.
So that is pretty much what is going on at my house. Thank you to all of you who have brought us dinners. It is so helpful not to have to think of what to make. And a big THANK YOU to my mother for coming for a week and helping with meals, cleaning and taking care of the kids. Love you!

No comments: