July 18, 2012

Circle Skirt...

So I have sewn a lot of different things, toys, blankets, bags, quilts, etc... But I have never made clothing. Well, that changed today. I found a cute skirt tutorial here. And ran off to Joann's right away. Got home and within about an hour and a half, Keely had a new skirt.

I did have a dumb moment and forgot to stretch the elastic as I did the waist, so lucky me, I got to bust out my seam ripper and do it over. But it is better this way. If you don't stretch the elastic as you sew, when you are done, it won't be able to stretch over her hips. I was able to still get it on her, but as she grows that would have changed and I want it to fit for more than just a couple of months.
But while I was making it I made a tiny little test cut which made a small little doll sized skirt. Keely saw it and asked what it was, I said, "It's a mini skirt." So she runs off, comes back with Minnie Mouse, and asks me to put it on her. Keely: "You said it was a Minnie skirt. Right Mom?" I couldn't help but laugh. So now, Keely and Minnie have matching skirts.

2 comments:

Christy said...

How cute! Good job on both skirts!

Laura said...

I'm impressed Heather!