So a little over a week ago we went to talk to a home loan guy to see what we could get so that we could start looking for a house in our price range this summer. He told us that we can't get a loan! For an FHA loan MacKay will have to have 6 months of work before we could get it which wouldn't be until December 15th and for a conventional loan he would have to have 2 years of work. Which meant that we wouldn't be able to get a house under the first time home buyer package that is out right now. So we were pretty disappointed to say the least.
But then MacKay talked to one of his friends at school and they had talked to Zion's Bank which said that schooling can count as the "work experience" needed. So we had a small beam of hope! So MacKay talked to our Credit Union in Boise and they agreed. We can get a house! So MacKay and I were and still are a little confused as to why this "Branch Manager" that we talked to didn't know about that? We just decided that he is an idiot.
So our plan is now to go to Boise next month and see what we can get and then start looking for that house! I can't wait to get out of this little apt. We have been in this 500 sq ft space for 3 1/2 years now and it's time to go!
Granted, we have been very blessed to have been in this place with its rent so cheap that we have been able to save a lot more money then we could have some place else. So I am grateful for that, but more then ready to move on with the next part of our lives.
4 comments:
That's very exciting! Here's hoping for your house:)
yay!! that's so exciting!! good luck! but, i don't really want you to leave
Wow! I can't believe MacKay only has 15 more days until graduation! Good luck on getting a house! Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys!
That Sounds like an annoying process. I would think he was an idiot too! But good thing you told him what was what haha. YAY! I will visit you in your house...whenever you pick one? LAVA you!
Post a Comment