So last night we went up Provo canyon to a park with the Birds and the Miners. The Birds brought some fire wood, the Miners brought Drinks, and we brought stuff for smores. We also had some foil dinners which were awesome.
While we were there a bunch of people MacKay, Ben, Adam, and Laura all knew from Boise were there so we all had a picture taken together. (I stole this picture off of Laura's blog. Thanks Laura!)
We got a little camp spot right next to the water that comes through and Keely loved it. she liked to throw rocks in and watch the splash that they made. Big thanks to Erin for helping me with her. Keely loves Erin so its always nice for me when we hang out because that way Keely isn't stuck to me the entire time. It is getting harder and harder to hold her as my belly gets bigger and my energy dwindles.
So after she was done playing with the water the task of the night was to keep her away from the fire. Which I'm happy to say went well. She didn't fall in and I call that a success.
So after we ate our awesome foil dinners my wonderful husband made me all the smores I wanted. It started out because I was holding Keely and it would be hard for me to do both, but any time he got out of his seat Keely was there to climb into it. She climbed up into his camp chair and if he tried to sit in front of her in it, she would start kicking him in the back until he moved or we pulled her out of the seat. It was pretty funny to watch. I'm just glad she wasn't stealing my seat. (I think next time we go do something like this or camping we will have to bring a chair just for her.)
So at about 9:30 our little family had to leave to put Keely to bed. So we grab all of our stuff and start heading out. We get to the car and we have to step over a guard rail to get to it. With it being really dark and my hands full, I couldn't tell how tall this rail was. Needless to say, short people should never try and step over a guard rail. I tried to step over and miss judged how high it was and WHAM I jacked my knee into it. So I cried pretty hard for about 10 minutes, then I think I ran out of tears because the crying stopped but the pain was still very much there. By the time we got home I had a HUGE bump on my knee, it was almost like an extra knee cap. Seeing as I couldn't walk anymore MacKay sent me to bed while he took care of putting Keely to bed and he got up with her during the night when ever she happened to wake up. So this morning I had a pretty awesome looking bruise, which I'm sure will just get worse looking before it gets better, but at least I can walk again. I can't really bend down and pick things up, but luckily MacKay has been super helpful with it so I think I may just survive this.

1 comment:
Heather! I had no idea this happened! I am so sorry! I'm surprised I didn't hear you scream from across the park. I hope it gets better soon!
Post a Comment