July 12, 2010

Munz Reunion.../ Wrist surgery...

So we finally made it to MacKay's family reunion again this year. We went to Wolf Creek. Which is about an hour from our house here in NSL. So for once we aren't the ones who had a long drive. It was really nice. we went up on Monday and had to come back on Tuesday for MacKay's wrist surgery, then went back to the reunion the same day.
The Surgery was great, the Dr. listened to us and the fact that MacKay doesn't do well with stitches and needles, so while MacKay was under, the Dr. took out the stitches in his right arm, and put in stitches that will dissolve in his left wrist. When MacKay started to come to from being under I told him the good news. He said he wasn't excited about it and then fell back asleep. I told him about 5 more times before he realized/remembered what I was telling him, and he was stoked about it.So back to the reunion. MacKay wasn't able to golf and Mt. bike like he had planned, so he rode in the cart and watched the other guys play. We also went to the pool once. Which every 2 hrs they kick everyone out of the pool for 10 minutes to do a ph level test. Which really sucked with kids and the fact that once wet, getting out of the pool is really cold. So we didn't go back.
MacKay and I also played a bunch of horse shoes against each other and against his family. Horse shoes is one of the few sports you can play with only one good arm.On Friday, Kat and I got to go horseback riding! It was awesome. Kat had never been before, and I haven't been in years. Her horses name was G1, and I started of the ride on a blonde horse named Jelly Bean, then he decided that he didn't want to go for a ride that day, so half way through the ride, the guide traded me horses and I ended the ride on his horse which the name escapes me right now, but it will come to me as soon as I'm done and in bed for the night. Oh well.... But all in all, we had a lot of fun.Back tracking in the week a bit... On Thursday, we went up to Snow Basin and had lunch and then went on a hike. MacKay and I traded roles a bit... I carried Carter while MacKay carried the water, and Grandpa carried Keely. Then at about half way Keely didn't want anyone but mommy to carry her. So I had to "mommy up" and take Keely while Grandpa got Carter. the 10 lb difference never felt so heavy. So with about 1/4 of the hike left I gave up and gave her to Uncle Brian, because she still didn't want Daddy. But we all survived.Pretty much the rest of the week we hung out at the resort watching the kids play and fight and play and fight.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cute picture of the girls at the end:) I'm glad MacKay's surgery went well and that you guys got to enjoy the reunion!

Heather said...

for all who care... I remembered my horses name!!! it's Boomer

The Frasers said...

You look so cute! I LOVE your outfit! Especially the hat! :) I'm so proud of you tehe!