November 30, 2010

Best pillow ever!!!

The giant maternity pillow is back!
Some of you may remember this pillow back from when I was pregnant with Carter. Well, now that I'm using it again, I noticed how gross the pillow case had become over time. (the picture above is from on-line, my pillow never looked that white.) And this type of pillow you can't just stop in at a store and pick up a new case for. So, I had to bite the bullet and make one. I went to Brook's fabric with my mother-in-law and picked out some fabric. Pulled off the old pillow case and used it as a pattern for the new one. With a few minor adjustments. The old pillow case was really tight around the neck area and because of this I have ripped it, and didn't want it to happen again, plus MacKay likes to climb in the pillow with me and cuddle, and that defiantly made it to tight around our necks. I think it turned out pretty good considering my sewing skills not being as good as some of you out there.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It looks great Heather! Way to go!

Ben and Raquel said...

it looks good...i love the fabric! are you pregnant again or what? just wondering, since it's a maternity pillow...i totally need to get one of those next time i'm prego! looks comfy