Some of you may or may not no. I was pregnant. I went to the Dr. on Wed. thinking we were about 16 weeks along. We were going to be finding out the gender earlier then normal and were soooo excited. But once the ultra sound started, out hearts dropped. The heart beat that was there 5 weeks ago, was no longer there. The baby measured in at having past away at 13 weeks along. I had no idea the baby had passed away. My body gave me no indication as to anything being truly wrong. So then yesterday we went to the hospital and I had a D&C to have the baby removed. It has been hard, but we are handling it pretty well I think.
The hardest thing is trying to explain to Keely that the baby needed to go home to Jesus. The first time I told her, she told me that she wanted to go with me to find the baby and Jesus. I simply had to tell her not today. But she is starting to understand that the baby had to leave mommy's tummy, and she is now asking for a new pink baby. I told her we'll see what we can do about that.
It has been a great comfort to have the gospel in my life. I had MacKay give me a blessing and it was quite helpful. And I truly believe that I will see that baby someday, and hold and love it as I had hoped to do in May, but I'll be patient and wait.
But I wanted to thank all of those who have been bringing us dinner. It means so much to me to know that I have wonderful neighbors who truly care about us. I feel a little weird accepting the food, seeing as I am physically fine to do what ever, but I'm not quite there emotionally yet. So thank you! And to Carisa for staying the night on Wed, so she could watch our kids while I was in surgery. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
4 comments:
My heart goes out to right now Heather. The desire for a baby is so intense and so strong, and anything that takes that away is heartbreaking. Thank goodness for the comfort of the Gospel and a loving Heavenly Father who knows each one of us.
We are really sad for you guys right now. But we know you will see the baby again, and that this will help you have a better understanding of God's plan. Hang in there, take it easy and let yourself heal.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that your hearts will heal and that you will feel even more peace as time goes on.
I am sorry to hear about your loss, Heather and MacKay. How shocking that must have been when you found out. Hope you take it easy and know everything happens for a reason.
Post a Comment