March 9, 2011

Eating Healthy...

So I got my first basket from one of the neighborhood produce co-ops. I got all this food for $16.50!

(If that potato sack looks a little full, it's because it is. It is 1 1/2 bags shoved into one.)

So, my family and I are going to try this co-op out to see if the saving are worth it. It's all a matter of wither or not we can eat all the food before it goes bad. So it is going to help force us to eat healthier, and if it works, we'll be eating all this as our snack food and I won't have to buy so much junk food. The only problem, is MacKay is in the busy season right now, so he won't be here to help eat it. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the acorn squash. MacKay and I both don't care for squash, but I don't know if I've ever tried the acorn variety, so we'll give is a shot and see how it goes. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

The Wife said...

We did a co-op in IF and loved it! I think we did it 1-2 times a month. Have fun with it!

Laura said...

Mmm I love Acorn Squash! Cut it in half, put brown sugar over it and bake it. It's delicious!

Christy said...

I have heard of this, sounds like a great deal!